Country Ham Steaks
2-2 Lb. Pkgs.
The same fully aged and ready to cook center cut steaks, yet the leanest cuts available! Approximately 7 servings per 2lb. package.
A hearty man's ham steak. These thick cut country ham steaks are perfect for a hearty man's main entree.
1. Pre-heat skillet to 350 degrees. Trim off hard and dark outer edges of ham slices and remove rind. Do not trim fat as this adds flavor and allows the ham to fry without adding excessive shortening.
2. Place the ham slices in hot fat and cook slowly, turning frequently. The ham will be done when the fat portion around the edges is slightly brown. Do not overcook.
*For mild or less salty taste, soak the slices in milk or water for at least 30 minutes, then trim the rind and any excess fat prior to cooking.
1. Soak the slices in milk or water for at least 30 minutes, then trim the rind and any excess fat.
2. Put enough water in a heavy frying pan or electric skillet to cover the slices. Simmer slowly until the water is gone. Turn the ham on both sides to lightly brown.
1. Trim off hard or dark outer edge of ham slices and remove rind and excess fat.
2. Place ham slices in pan and add approximately 1/2" of coffee (Enough to cover 1/2 thickness of ham slices).
3. Place in pre-heated oven at 400 degrees.
4. Cook for 5 minutes on each side and remove from oven.
After taking out the ham, simply add a little water or coffee to the pan drippings and simmer about 3 minutes stirring constantly. May be served spooned over the ham, hot biscuits or grits.
©2020 Broadbent B & B Foods. All Rights Reserved.
Broadbent B & B Foods has been producing Old Fashioned Country Ham since 1909. A Truly American Food that has been on this continent since colonial days. Country Ham and Dry Cured Bacon were staples that sustained many of our first settlers as they moved west. Climates had to be just right to cure hams in the days before electricity and Kentucky's climate fit the bill. Therefore the Broadbent family brought those curing traditions with them when they settled in Kentucky. They continued to use them to dry cure and preserve their pork. We still dry cure Country Ham, Bacon and Sausage the old fashioned way, like our forefathers. Today Country Ham is far from a Staple, it is found on menus of ritzy restaurants all across America. It can be called Country Ham, yet it is often called Prosciutto and used as the center piece of Charcuterie Boards.
Bacon is still a staple for many Americans, being consumed in the average household weekly. Bacon is no longer considered just a breakfast food. It is a sandwich all in itself or a topping for a variety of sandwiches, plus a topping for salads, baked potatoes, pastas and much more. Enjoy Broadbent Smoked Bacon by the slab or pre-sliced. Likewise, Broadbent Sausage is perfect for breakfast, especially for sausage gravy, but also delicious for sausage balls and many other recipes using breakfast sausage. Broadbent Breakfast Sausage is still stuffed in cloth bags and then hung in the smoked and hickory smoked to perfection.
In 2018 a Broadbent Grand Champion Country Ham sold at a charity auction for $2.8 Million Dollars. Broadbent has been named Grand Champion Country Ham 19 times at the Kentucky State Fair. Our Pepper Bacon has been named the Outstanding Meat, Pate & Seafood at the International New York Fancy Food show two times. In 2021 our Maplewood Smoked Heritage BAcon was a Winner in the Charucterie catagory of the Good Food Awards. Our goal is for "Good Taste to always take the prize" when you serve Broadbent Country Ham, Dry Cured Bacon or Smoked Breakfast Sausage. That's our promise! If you're not completely satisfied, simply contact us within 30 days for a replacement or refund. Please remember our meats are salt cured, meaning they will be salty in nature. Replacements or refunds will not be given because of saltiness.
Take time to give a review once you've tried our products. Each product has a place online to write a review and rate the product. We always love to hear from our customers.
Thank you for shopping here at www.broadbenthams.com.
Ronny & Beth Drennan
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
2 Corithians 13:14